The equipment on your Absolute Africa overland truck
Dome tents with integrated mosquito nets
- Our tents are three - person dome tents. To ensure a good amount of space only two people sleep in each tent.
- The tents are made from rip-stop canvas and have a sewn in ground sheet.
- We also provide a large separate fly sheet to give you extra protection in heavy rain.
- We provide individual 4 inch thick high density foam mats covered in rip-stop material.
Tables and stools
- We provide camp stools and trestle tables.
Kitchen and catering including fridge and gas cooker
- Your Absolute Africa overland truck has a 115 litre fridge/freezer, as distinct from cool boxes which are dependent on arranging ice.
- We also have an extensive built-in kitchen equipped with all needed cooking and catering equipment including a cool box additional to the fridge.
- A barbeque grill is provided and there is also a gas cooker offering a convenient alternative and minimising the impact on the environment.
All weather awning
- This provides protection from both the rain and sun. It is particularly useful so we can prepare meals in all weather.
Charging, audio and intercom
- Our overland trucks have UK power sockets that work from 600 watt intelligent power inverters. These convert 24v DC to AC mains electricity (220 240v). You just need to plug in and charge your camera, mobile phone, Ipod and video equipment. Some trucks also have additional 12V charge points.
- We also have audio equipment with an amplifier to which you can attach your Ipod or MP3 player so we can enjoy each others music.
- Intercom system so you can always talk to the driver.
- All seats are fitted with lap belts for your personal safety.
- Underseat lockup for daybags and cameras.
- On board tables for card games and diary writing.
- Professionally compiled expedition medical kit
- Fire extinguishers
- A comprehensive range of spare parts and tools.
- The resource library is well stocked with reference material and maps.
- All trucks have sand mats, and chains where necessary